Sunday, March 15, 2015

You have to ASK!

Mar 9, 2015
Hellllllloooo!! Elder Barnett comin at you live from Adelaide Australia!!! 

Man this week has been so amazing and I reckon its just cause I got to talk to you guys and see how yous are all goin!! I feel like I actually know what is going on now at home and what everyone is doing. 

I apologize I wasn't able to email yesterday because it was a public holiday. Only in Australia would an entire city get shutdown for a horse race..... It was the Adelaide Cup yesterday and everything was closed but for some reason we still had P-Day and there was nothing to do. We woke up and went and did some service for a single lady in the ward that is moving. We helped her and her son clean out their garage/shed, that took about an hour and then on our way home we found a Foodland to go muck around in. We just ended up walking around and then bumped into a member there (Brother Hatchard) and caught up with him. He is who David our investigator is staying with. 

Speaking of David we had a really solid lesson with him and we really hammered on the apostasy and on how if Joseph Smith is really a true prophet then the Priesthood is back on the earth. It finally clicked with him cause he was starting to talk about how he was baptized about a year ago by a priest. Then he paused for a moment and said that that he didn't know if that priest had the priesthood hahaha! So things are going really good with him, and we committed him to pray and ask God if Joseph Smith was a prophet and if this was the only true church. 

I LOVED DADS PICTURES!!! Oh my gosh I cannot believe some of those photos, its just crazy how alike we are!! I saved them all to my hard drive and I cant wait to keep looking at them. I think it makes an even bigger impact on me to see them while I am in the mission field cause I don't think I would've connected as much if I saw them while I was still home. Man seeing dad doing exactly what I am doing on HIS mission was just crack up!! He looks so good and his hair is long as!!!

I don't have heaps of time to email cause today technically isn't our P-Day but I want to email some friends and you guys already got to talk to me for ages the other day:p
Alright we are leaving- I love you Momma!!
I love you guys!! 

--

-Elder Barnett

No comments:

Post a Comment